Job Title: Quality Control Supervisor
Reference No: QCS/01.18
Location and Shifts: Lisburn, Day Shift
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Date of Advertisement: Wednesday, 10th January 2018
Closing Date: Monday, 22nd January 2018
To lead and drive quality improvements throughout the business, by developing and maintaining a robust system to support supplier and internal quality compliance.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the completion of Goods in Quality inspections for incoming goods.
- Ensure the completion of Random Quality inspections on Wholesale orders.
- Full and prompt investigation of issues and implementation of appropriate corrective and preventable actions.
- Generate supplier non-conformances and corrective action reports and collaborate with Purchasing Department to address with the supplier.
- Maintain NCR and Purge registers.
- Assisting in the completion of internal quality audits/re-audits to ensure compliance with the company’s quality policy and procedures.
- General upkeep, and continuous improvement, of relevant quality standards and practices as determined by the Quality Policy and Senior Management.
- Assisting with the preparation for external quality audits including conversation this year to ISO 9001: 2015.
- Coordinate investigations and improvement projects based on data from external and internal sources.
- Develop and maintain reports to enable the monitoring of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Work closely with other departments to identify measurable and effective manufacturing improvements using modern business improvement techniques where appropriate.
- Lead by example, driving a culture of continuous improvement.
- Implement changes to accommodate new legislation, new policies, best practice within your field.
- Overall responsibility for all aspects of the effective management, training & development and health, safety & welfare of Quality Technicians in sites based in Lisburn and Birmingham.
- Provide strong leadership, direction and mentoring, thereby fostering and sustaining co-operation and team spirit.
- Along with the Quality Manager set measurable and realistic KPIs, work standards and expectations and monitor and communicate progress against same. Take corrective action where appropriate.
- Ensure timely, full and accurate communication with all relevant departments on any factors which will impact on delivery dates, commitments to customers, quality, etc.
- Liaise with customers as required to ensure clarity of requirements, technical details, overcome problems, etc.
- Timely liaison and communication of all pertinent quality and improvement issues to relevant Supervisors/Managers.
- To Produce weekly/monthly reports for the Quality Manager on progress against specific objectives / against your Balanced Scorecard KPIs and agree any corrective action.
- At least 3 years’ recent supervisory experience working within a Quality Department within a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2008.
- Experience of implementing and sustaining continuous/business improvement techniques such as Lean, 5S, Six Sigma.
- 3rd level qualification in a manufacturing, engineering or science discipline.
- Experience dealing with Global supplier base to resolve Quality related issues.
- Qualification in ISO auditing techniques.
- Please forward your CV and covering letter demonstrating how the above criteria are met to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Monday, 22nd January 2018.
To apply for this job email your details and CV to email@example.com