At Decora Blind Systems Ltd we seek to continually improve our business while minimising the effect that we have on the environment. Covering all areas of the business, we have identified significant environmental aspects, by setting targets and objectives we strive to monitor these aspects and improve our overall environmental performance.
Decora Blind Systems Ltd are committed to minimising the environmental impact of our business activities.
Our commitment is to:
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation and approved codes of practice.
- Limit our effect on the environment and prevent pollution through our business activities and those of contractors on site.
- Continuously improve our environmental performance, and integrate recognised environment best practice where possible.
- Reduce our consumption of resources including electricity and gas by ensuring efficient use.
- Effectively manage waste streams to ensure that where possible waste is recycled or diverted from landfill.
- Consider wider environmental issues in relation to the selection of equipment and development of new products.
To meet our commitments we will:
- Set specific environmental objectives.
- Regularly monitor key performance indicators, taking corrective action as required.
- Design work activities to minimise waste and ensure efficient use of resources.
- Provide training and communicate effectively with employees to highlight the importance of environmental performance.
- Provide adequate resources, through capital investment for energy efficiency and waste minimisation projects.
- Implement the waste hierarchy to reduce, reuse, recycle and safely dispose of hazardous waste.
- Review the environmental performance of key suppliers in our supply chain.
- Regularly review compliance with organisational controls.
- Review our environmental policy regularly.
- Where feasible source natural resources from accredited eco managed sources.
WEE/FJ4235XX Producer Registration